The Forge - Patch 0.0.4 | 13th December 2018

• The Forge - Patch 0.0.4 | 13th December 2018

Environment

• Capital Tower repositioned on speed model of hub island.
    • Additional baselayer of natural ground cover in open areas.
    • Updated foliage placement.
    • Day & night cycle lighting.
      Day & Night Cycle

Level Design & Map

• New gameplay areas have been added to the map along with a reorganisation of existing structures and levels to aid gameplay in Dern.
    • Cottage gameplay areas have been updated with miss-aligned items fixed and additional cover.
    • Foliage and vegetation have been replaced/updated appropriately to support the updated map, along with improvements to its alignment with respect to gameplay areas.
    • Logging Camps, Storage Compounds, Ruins, Derelict Barracks, Abandoned Vehicles and additional ground rips have been added to Dern.
      The Isle of Dern New Prefabs

Gameplay

• First Last Man Standing events (schedule to be shared in due course) with further Battle Royale features to be added in future updates.
    • Higher polished HK417 animations.
    • Added position transitions when moving from stand to crouch with the Handguns, AK47 and HK417.
    • Fixed camera bug when swapping weapons.
    • Added a fire-mode animation for AK47.
    • Respawned guns are now guaranteed to have full ammo in them.
    • Cosmetics are now unlocked at 200, 500, 1000, 2000 and 4000 (down from 300, 600, 1200, 3000, 8000).

UI

• See your progression towards cosmetic unlocks in the top-left of the game.
    • A graphical animation plays on CRT collection, going from the kill message towards your currently held CRT.
    • When depositing CRT you will be informed of how much you’ve deposited and any cosmetic unlocks you may have received.
    • Zone indicators are clearer on the map.
    • The UI no longer crashes when someone gets a melee kill.
    • Fixed duplicate entries on the leaderboards.

Update 0.004b

• Fixed an issue with items sometimes not respawning.
    • Players will now be in the correct state when you first view them. This helps resolve issues with teleporting and dead players appearing alive.

Known Bugs

• When launching the game in fullscreen, the cursor might be incorrectly confined to a small space. (Alt-tab to reset the cursor boundaries).
    • Sometimes objects appear as invisible in the game.
    • Melee sometimes does not connect.
    • Occasionally when exiting the game, it will crash.
    • Other players movements will sometimes appear erratic.
    • Some guns are not fully animated.
    • When destructible objects respawn into the world, they cannot be collided with.
    • Some assets may appear to be misaligned (Cottages).
    • Occasionally player’s will take fatal fall damage while traversing the map.

• Admin

So in regards to the issues above, a lot of these were resolved, however, there are still sadly some issues in regards to what appears to be certain ISPs and connecting to servers.

These issue are still being looked into and addressed.

• Founders

@optimo-0002 said in The Forge - Patch 0.0.4 | 13th December 2018:

after I downloaded the new 5gb patch, same thing is happening. I load into an empty server, empty my clip, can’t reload. 2 minutes later, load screen. repeat ad nauseam. literally unable to test anything. I loaded into a server with one other

same, already put in an report for this problem before the last update

• Founders

just an update here… after I downloaded the new 5gb patch, same thing is happening. I load into an empty server, empty my clip, can’t reload. 2 minutes later, load screen. repeat ad nauseam. literally unable to test anything. I loaded into a server with one other person and then the game froze. You’re telling me this is because of our ISP? I have comcast. Seems odd…

• Staff

@optimo-0002 Hello there! So we have no definite answer right now, but know that we are looking into it. I believe it is tied to the ISP, but cannot say 100%. It has been escalated to our tech team!

• Founders

@oscar said in The Forge - Patch 0.0.4 | 13th December 2018:

@ghostcat-0001 Hello, thank you for being so patient while waiting for a response. This has been escalated to our tech team and we will get back to you when we have an answer. Right now it might be tied to your internet provider. Thank you again for your patience

So…getting server error messages is likely due to people’s ISP? I still can’t reload guns half the time and get server error messages every time I attempt to play. I have Comcast and am from the U.S.
    280 Mbps DL / 25 UL

Any thoughts?

• Staff

@ghostcat-0001 Hello, thank you for being so patient while waiting for a response. This has been escalated to our tech team and we will get back to you when we have an answer. Right now it might be tied to your internet provider. Thank you again for your patience

• Founders

@oscar said in The Forge - Patch 0.004 | 13th December 2018:

@ghostcat-0001 Hello Ghost Cat, hope all is well. Just a few questions that might help us understand what’s going on. What country are you from? How is your internet connection?

I’m in the southern United States and play on the North American server. Internet connection is 170 Mbps down / 11 Mbps up.

• Staff

@ghostcat-0001 Hello Ghost Cat, hope all is well. Just a few questions that might help us understand what’s going on. What country are you from? How is your internet connection?

• Founders

@malbytynanator-0001 I had logged a bug report for this issue. It fixed itself on the current update. I will continue to log all found bugs as I continue to play. Can’t wait till you guys blow the doors wide open on the 1000 player battle royale. This free for all mode is getting a little boring.

• Founders

@malbytynanator-0001 ^^This isn’t strange…this has been happening since the game released! Lol They simply updated instead of getting sent to a loading screen indefinitely, you get this message until you wait long enough for a crash report.

• @ghostcat-0001 Strange, thanks for the information GC. Our support team will follow up with you via email to the one on your profile.

• Founders

@malbytynanator-0001 said in The Forge - Patch 0.004 | 13th December 2018:

@ghostcat-0001 Hey GhostCat, this is weird I want to look into this for you.

Can you log a bug report here: https://mavericks.gg/report

I just checked with your email address and can’t see one listed. Let me know when done and I will log a support ticket.

Strange. There may be a problem with your bug report system, because I’ve logged numerous redundant reports about being placed in a server with no other players.

I’ve gone ahead and submitted again through the website form and included my response below in case it doesn’t come through for whatever reason.

• Bug: Very often (half the time?) I will be placed into a game with no other players. It’s clear that this is a bug and not just an empty server because I also can’t pick up items. The only thing I can do is fire off the 10 bullets that are in my pistol (reloading does nothing). Other times when I do make it into a game with other players, I’ll soon receive a “Server error” message in red at the top of the screen. Once this happens, everything behaves the same as the “empty server” situation I described above (can’t interact with anything, can’t reload, etc.) and I’m forced to quit the application. I don’t think I’ve been in a game longer than 2 minutes without seeing this “Server error” message.
    • PC Specs: Ryzen 5 2600X / Radeon Vega 64 / 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM / Windows 10 Pro

EDIT: I jumped into the game for the first time since today’s update, and this was my experience across 7 sessions…

• Spawned into broken server alone
    • Spawned into working server but received “Server error” message within 20 seconds
    • Spawned into working server, died in a gun fight, got “Server error” shortly after respawning

I’d love to put time into testing this game, even in its current stripped down state, but this simply makes it impossible.

• Founders

Advast is still picking up your gamelauncher and puting in the virus chest

• Founders

@nostrildumbass-0001 did they say we were getting a last man standing mode or battle royal? i remember being told battle royal was coming this week, i do see that they are making progress slowly but we got to start holding these people accountable to their statements like we are held accountable for the NDA. these guys are like a drunk girl at mcdonalds, one minute they want nuggets then the other minute they want a cheeseburger, one week its battleroyal next week its last man standing, and a timed event at that, and at one of the worst times of the day when people work. i just want to able to read a statement and believe it, is that so much to ask? i just feel like i cant believe any thing this company says.

• Founders

• Founders

i thought u guys said battle royal would come out this week? can you people at least try to follow up on what you say? literally everything you announce is total bullshit so why bother even announce shit, it gets old listening to your constant lies, how about you stop being cheap fucks and actually hire more people to work on this shit show? and its funny how fixing these shitty bugs is what you guys consider progress, like ‘gameplay’, ‘ui’ and ‘known bugs’ categories are all bug fixes so why did u label them differently? why are you guys so shady, like im being real here, this company is shady as fuck for no reason, no wonder we are under nda.

• Founders

still no key customisation…that makes the game unplayable for me because im disabled. please add this feature to the control settings 😞

• @fykis-0001 Hey Fykiss, same as @GhostCat-0001 here. Can you log a bug report here: https://mavericks.gg/report as I see no bugs logged with your email address. Drop me a note and I’ll raise this to our tech team. Thanks!

• @ghostcat-0001 Hey GhostCat, this is weird I want to look into this for you.

Can you log a bug report here: https://mavericks.gg/report

I just checked with your email address and can’t see one listed. Let me know when done and I will log a support ticket.