ERROR , cant dowload STILL

• Founders

it's giving an EPERM: operation not permitted, mkdir 'C:\Programfiles(x86)\Mavericks\Mavericks The Forge\clients' Please exit the launcher

• Founders

Can an ADMIN !! help me out find a solution plz??

• Admin

Hi Duplikenz,

I've passed this error on to the team handling the launcher and see if I can get some more specific information for you on this.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you check things like admin privileges to install in the location you're trying to extract and download to.

• Founders

I also have been unable to download. I keep getting a "launcher file corrupted" error message at 12% of the download

• Founders

well i first got a problem in the previous update once i get to download location it said no patch found to download and on this recent update is the msg that i mentioned earlier so nothing is working

• Founders

@sam any news?

• Founders

• Admin

Hi,

I'm just back in the office after the weekend, I've not heard back from the launcher team in regards to this issue, so I'll be following that up today and trying to get information on this.

Have you checked as mentioned above things like admin privileges are enabled and that there's 40gb free space in the location you're trying to extract as well.

Which location are you playing from and what's your ISP?

• Admin

The above error is caused by the launcher not having sufficient permissions to edit the filesystem inside C:\Program Files(x86).... The workaround is to run the launcher as an admin (though not recommended) or to pick a different install location outside of program files.

• Founders

@sam i did try that and still not working but that was with the previous update now with the 0.16 patch its giving me the :
    EPERM: operation not permitted, mkdir 'C:\Programfiles(x86)\Mavericks\Mavericks The Forge\clients' Please exit the launcher

• Admin

There's an update going out today, after this update happens can you let me know if your error message changes?

Can you remove all Mavericks files, and pick a location outside of the Program Files folder, as you're still trying to install there which is causing an issue,

• Founders

@morris9213-0001 hey man how are you , i think i found a solution u give it a try cuz now its downloading for me.

press window key + r for commands , type in appwiz.cpl , click on mavericks and uninstall .

go to the website mavericks download it again dont have it run automatically when u click finish

go to maverick icon on desktop , right click and launch as administrator

before u click download there a settings logo it looks like a wheel

click on it and delete client then click download after u have chosen where you wanted it to be saved

you should be good to go , and it is still the same patch 0.16 havent seen a new one on there website like sam did it should be up but its not yet

Hope this is helpfull for you

• Admin

Hey Duplikenz thanks for sharing your fix. Hopefully, this will help, seems to be the running and launching as an admin giving you access to install to the Program Files location.

• Founders

@sam it could be a part of it but i do beleive by just clicking on the settings wheel above the download and delete client will fix it . maybe when the very first patch came on had an error and i realised no matter how deep u go and delete all mavericks files for some reason the client patch stays the same there for its better to delete client patch even with a new update and then download . Anyhow hope this was helpfull for founders and mavericks team. Have a great day