Bullet ballistics

• Founders

Will bullets that hit the player from the side (hitting the hand/arm) go through the arm/hand and deal damage to the body?
    This would decrease the number of times you get upset because you thought you dealt enough damage to a player but in the end only did limb damage.
    This may already be something the devs are working on but since other games in the past have chosen to look past this subject i think it is worth discussing.

• Founders

Maybe even a heat map when you get a kill, or die to another player. It would be nice to determine where your shots landed, and figure out what you could have done better in the engagement.

• Founders

@jwcschroy-0001 A heatmap showing where you have been hitting players over the last 'x' rounds would be a brilliant feature.

I seem to remember a COD game had this (BLOPS1?) so it's definitely possible and therefore a reasonable request. I remember it being a really useful tool for helping you work out what you need to improve in your aiming etc.

• Founders

@mustaren-0001 Realistic bullet ballistic and damage will be awesome.
    Something like this:

Handguns: 50m max effective range / max. 400m/s (according to bullet/weapon type)
    SMG: 200m max effective range / 300-500m/s (according to bullet/weapon type)
    Assault rifles 800m max effective range / 900-1200m/s (according to bullet/weapon type)
    LMG: 700m max effective range / 800-900m/s (according to bullet/weapon type)
    Sniper rifles: 2000m max effective range / 800-1500m/s (according to bullet/weapon type)

And please, I don't want to see flying white dot as trajectory/visible bullet. Thanks 🙂

• Founders

@silentdestroyer-0001 said in Bullet ballistics:

And please, I don't want to see flying white dot as trajectory/visible bullet. Thanks

Devs have confirmed tracers will be a thing but they haven't worked out how many tracers per mag etc IIRC.

• Founders

@nebbo-0001 tracers for noobs 🙂 I hope they playing Arma3 to get ideas ☺

• Founders

As far as tracers go, I think we should have the choice between no tracer clips, some tracer clips, and all tracer shot clips (player choice). As far as how it should look, I think it should look similar to real life. I actually like how counter strike global offensive handles tracers, its a golden trail of shots showing where you shoot. When people shoot at me, I can literally see where their shots land, which funny enough, prove if they have cheats or not, as someone who has cheats, you will see their bullet tracers all follow the same path, which is incredibly hard to do, and if they do it consistently, bam, they cheat'n.

I could see snipers preferring tracer-less ammo, while someone with an SMG might go for full tracer, and someone with a light machine gun, some tracers. And people can pick and choose their preferred clip of ammo? Seems like that could work. If you don't want tracers, don't use them, if you want them, use them!

I agree with realistic gun's and their effective distances. I shouldn't be sniped by a scar at over 1000 meters away which is completely unrealistic (eff you pubg). I wrote about this in the official "suggestions" post in the other page.

• Founders

@namco-0001 Being able to customise your mag loadout for different classes of weapons would be cool. Especially if there was a variety of ammo types.

Given the environment is destructible and penetration will probably be a thing, balancing your ammunition between visibility, penetration and damage would be an interesting factor.

• Founders

@nebbo-0001 said in Bullet ballistics:

@namco-0001 Being able to customise your mag loadout for different classes of weapons would be cool. Especially if there was a variety of ammo types.

Given the environment is destructible and penetration will probably be a thing, balancing your ammunition between visibility, penetration and damage would be an interesting factor.

up vote me 😛 cuz yeah. i feel like choice is a huge thing missing from games.