The Forge - Patch: 0.1.5 | 16th May 2019
Patch: 0.1.5 | 16th May 2019
Date & Timings
15:00 BST Thursday 16th May 2019 until AM Monday 20th May.
If you have any feedback from this playtest, please give us your feedback.
- Made improvements to weapon sways as you move with a weapon equipped.
- Improved grenade throw whilst prone.
- Implemented a new set of third-person animations. New third-person animations may look and perform slightly worse than previously experienced. This is because we have cleaned up and optimised into a new animation system which will allow us to add new, and better-looking, animations in the coming updates.
- Emotes have been added to The Capital. Players can hold T to bring up a wheel to select an emote. Players can now point, wave, clap, imitate a throat slit at other players.
- Improved footstep audio balancing based upon someone’s location above or below you.
- Added new audio to grenades when exploding.
- As guns near empty, the audio will reflect this.
- Added a sound effect when dropping items.
- We have added our initial character customisation system – allowing you to customise your in-game clothing. Already earned clothing, for example, the Faction clothing will be found in your bank. Switching your clothing can be done by equipping it from your bank in The Capital. Players can acquire new clothing items by purchasing it from shops found in The Capital or finding it as rare loot throughout the Dern.
- The Capital grey box has been updated with new textures including updated rock formations, feature items, and pavements.
- The Isle of Dern has various new additions including replacing entire forest and grass formations.
- The Isle of Dern has had a number of smaller improvements made to textures and other aspects on the island.
- Volumetric clouds have been readded to the skies of the Dern.
Gameplay and Economy
- Shops have been added to The Capital. At these shops, players can purchase a variety of items including weapons, ammunition, consumables, and clothing items.
- Players can now use ‘alt-right click’ to pick up and drop items (whilst on the Isle of Dern) or deposit items to their bank (whilst in The Capital). This will transfer a fixed quantity of items depending on their type and use-case. Players can also still hold alt and drag to transfer a user-defined quantity of items.
- Reduced the influence of the ground incline/decline on a player’s jump angle.
- Objective Crates will now only spawn in when the minimum number of players has been reached for the survival phase to start.
- Added inventory limits to the game. Players can now only carry a fixed amount of items determined on item weight. How much inventory you’ve taken up will be shown as a percentage at the bottom of the UI.
- Bits rewarded for participating in the Survival Phase will now be proportionally allocated according to the number of players.
- Objective Crates, along with the addition of Clothing Items, will contain more loot.
- Reduced sight movement when moving and ADS.
- Added a new rifle to the game; Lee Enfield No.4.
- Increased damage of both the Lee Enfield and the 50 calibre M87A2.
- Introduced 5.56mm ammo, with the RK417 requiring this ammo temporarily.
- Reduced recoil on the RK417
- Resolved issues where bullets would cause incorrect damage value, inflecting lower damage and intermittent healing.
- Players experiencing high latency will no longer encounter a negative ammo bug.
- Updated our internal version of CryEngine bringing both greater stability and performance.
- Further server optimisations have been implemented improving stability.
- Improved debugging tools for detecting hit issues.
- Resolved a rare instance where our game build process caused errors with networked entities.
- Items in your inventory, will now display with a tool tip specifying the name of the item.
- Items in your inventory will now display in tiles rather than a list.
- Players will no longer be able to open the map whilst in The Capital.
- Players inventory will now display correctly upon entry to The Capital.
- Resolved an issue where 3D UI elements could occasionally share the same UI. This commonly occurred with player’s name tags inside of The Capital.
- Magazines dropped from the RPK will now appear with the right texture.
- Fixed bug where leg armour could not be equipped by clicking-and-dragging.
- Fixes bug where players would not be awarded kill credit for kills with a grenade.
- Resolved an issue where players could not quick select their last-selected grenade (by clicking ‘G’ after throwing a grenade).
- Stopped the prone camera pitch limitations occasionally being applied to players outside of the prone position.
- Fixed an issue where overcooked grenades would not be removed from the inventory.
- Players can no longer sprint whilst throwing grenades.
Patch: 0.1.5b | 16th May 2019
• Reduced stuttering within The Capital
• Fixed an issue where the player’s settings menu would close when another player disconnected