Shooting range in a BR game? Finally!

• Founders

This is a factor that both Fortnite and PUBG lack.
    It made me smile when it was confirmed, mainly because you will be able to train and find your preferred weapons.

If you are lucky enough to get a crate weapon in PUBG and are relatively new to the game, using said weapons can be daunting and difficult
    0_1530306603022_gear.png.57d2b7558b31aa86fe19e2eb0650af6a.png

Features it could include:

• Different range lengths for different weapons (SMG - short, Sniper - long)

• Moving targets to help people practice the bullet lead for different gun types

• Stat feedback so people can develop and learn from their performance

• Time trials to add a small, competitive mini-game to the range

0_1530307235940_shooting range.png

Feel free to reply with your own ideas and discussion 🙂

-- Moon

• A shooting range?? get in

• Founders

Yep great feature, reminds me of cs go aim training maps.
    Would be even better if you can find out how much shots will be needed to kill someone for each body part/weapon.

• Founders

Exactly! An amazing feature for building confidence and skill

• Founders

The shooting range in the game "squad" is pretty legit.

• Founders

@moon-0012 said in Shooting range in a BR game? Finally!:

Different range lengths for different weapons (SMG - short, Sniper - long)

I love this idea cuz I cant tell you how many times an SMG beat my M4 from about 200 meters

• Founders

A shooting range or a "moving bot range" is something that other BR games have completely overlooked.
    It would be interesting to see it implemented in a stylish way, much like how World of Warcraft does their's.

• Founders

@drizzle-0001 said in Shooting range in a BR game? Finally!:

Yep great feature, reminds me of cs go aim training maps.
    Would be even better if you can find out how much shots will be needed to kill someone for each body part/weapon.

Yeah having a set of targets/bots with different lvls of gear and a dmg/total dmg counter would be a nice addition to a place where you can practice holding recoil on a specific weapon. Add movement patterns to the bots and you guys would be the best developers ever.

..........other than trying to figure this crap out in a live match.

• Founders

PUBG Mobile has a shooting range with an assortment of targets. It also has zones set up for practicing with grenades (like throwing them through small windows), test driving vehicles, etc. It would be good to take a look at for some quick references.

The thing I don't like about it is that the targets seem to take 1 hit from any gun to knock. I'd like some targets set up to test bullet damage under different armor scenarios. I also like the stat readout idea.

• Founders

I hope @devs will include a shooting range feature. I find it really important and useful. I passed so many hours training the aim with differents kind of weapons on the shooting range mod of Arma 2. I remember it was very complete. You could set:
    live or dead targets; chose and set between the 3 movement peace there was in the game and the 3 stances; you could set the type of body and head armor the live target wore and much more. The most useful (in terms of visual learning) to me was all the ballistic analysis and replay,it was very well done: practically there were classic ballistic lines to analyze your previously shooted bullet trajectory, spin and drop and, my favourite, the camera bullet that followed the bullet itself; this last one was so well done that you really learned a lot speaking about shots from very long distances, from 650mt to 1700/1900mt.

I think @devs could use the chance to create also a mini-not-so-mini-game 🙂 . A shooting range in the player hub that allows player to challenge each other, maybe some particular little piece of aesthetic or title as rewards for records, win streak etc.

Two players are contracting a piece of gear but they can't agree on the price "Shooting range, best of 3? Winner go with his price?" that would be a pretty good non-scripted option, that also gives the sensation of a more vivid world.