Founders: An in-game purpose?

• Founders

Last few day's I've been wondering what purpose we might provide in-game. So far we have in-game icons, spray, emotes. But I'm most interested Founders Hall. I can't imagine this place will be just a congregation point in an empty husk. But if there is any lore created for us, I keep envisioning us as this pseudo faction where we act in some Warden like manner to the capital. After all, we are supporting the creation of the Capital by purchasing this game. Even if we chose to join a faction rivaling against it 😉

For instance, will there be side missions available to the Founders? If so, some could be tailored to providing assistance or responding to certain events. For instance, being sent on 'Expeditions', which test out topographical bugs (Ex: Remain at marker for X minutes).

Anyways, it seems like this could be a cool avenue for us to have an in-game perk while helping test for Devs.

There's plenty of other interesting ideas out there. What sort of thoughts are you all having?

• Founders

@dufayne-0001 Love this. I think we all want a purpose in the game. As founders I think we specifically want testing types of roles, if we were to have the capability of testing the game throughout it's life-cycle I think we would all be pretty happy. I think we also want to stand out. I don't know the game-play quite yet, but I hope there is something that helps us to stand out just a little more as founders. I mean icons, spray, and emotes are great, but I think a skin for example would be something we would all be happy with. I'm not saying a skin is the answer, i'm just saying helping us stand out a little more would be awesome.

• Founders

I think we shouldn't have Founder Exclusive / Premium Content I want all players to be able to experience the same Game. But I'd like something like a Badge, I think Warframe did a Good job on that Part early Backers got a Badge and the Title Founder Displayed next to their Ingame Level/Rank on their Profile. So you won't rub it in the face of everyone else with FOUNDER "Playername" it'd be a Badge on your Shoulder or Chest or wherever you want if you would look into a Players Profile it would Display something like Rank/Level + Founder. + They made "Design Council" which is pretty much the same as we already have here, Founders make suggestions and the Developers use some of them.

I think Founder Status should have some Bling Bling (Badges, maybe a Skin) but nothing that Changes the Game experience itself but that was made pretty clear by the Developers from the beginning.

• Founders

Weird, I don't really care about that, but just want to be part of the early development of the game just to see how things are going, as I haven't had a chance on any other game previously.

However, I do think all this Founders thing should be limited to just a couple visual things like it is. Having people excluded from things like you described is just asking for trouble.

• Founders

@trollmeisterxd-0001
    Thanks for sharing that about Warframe. I also do not want to see Founders receive special treatment during Mav's lifespan. Because players can be super obnoxious about titles & we shouldn't receive special treatment for a monetary purchase.

It might sound contradictory with my also being interested in a 'mission system' of sorts. But I would hope if they introduced one that it would have us doing voluntary 'playtester' activities that could be considered unexciting to most players.

• Founders

@dufayne-0001 said in Founders: An in-game purpose?:

@trollmeisterxd-0001
    Thanks for sharing that about Warframe. I also do not want to see Founders receive special treatment during Mav's lifespan. Because players can be super obnoxious about titles & we shouldn't receive special treatment for a monetary purchase.

It might sound contradictory with my also being interested in a 'mission system' of sorts. But I would hope if they introduced one that it would have us doing voluntary 'playtester' activities that could be considered unexciting to most players.

The one Problem in that aspect is that Founders Numbers won't be growing over the Games lifespan, which means less people to Test stuff. In comparison to the other Users the Founders will only be a Handfull of Players. For me it would be enough if they would ask us stuff like "Hey what do you think of those Names for this Town/ whatever - X Y Z - Vote" So we would basically have a little say in stuff, or maybe "What do you think of this System we are unsure if our Playerbase would like it" and the Founders could give their feedback in a smaller Circle, before the Developers Announce or Develop the new System, so that the first feedback would be by players who really care for the Game from the Start. But that has the flaw that I mentioned earlier as well... meh...

• Founders

A title maybe, and some exclusive cosmetics and it should stop after that. Being a founder isn't a social class, it just means you were willing to take the risk and invest in the games future. I like how MWO did it, you got a title you could switch on and off, a forum badge, and some mechs with custom geometry and (F) in their designation denoting they were Founders variants. That was it, no gameplay advantages or anything.

• Founders

@skoll-0001 said in Founders: An in-game purpose?:

A title maybe, and some exclusive cosmetics and it should stop after that. Being a founder isn't a social class, it just means you were willing to take the risk and invest in the games future. I like how MWO did it, you got a title you could switch on and off, a forum badge, and some mechs with custom geometry and (F) in their designation denoting they were Founders variants. That was it, no gameplay advantages or anything.

I completely agree with you I think founders should get some exclusive (meaning not available at any other time except in supremely rare cases like charity events) valuable reward in the sense of something super cool and maybe some early testing privileges. Like warframe when they gave excalibur prime. Is he awesome hell yes! Is he worth alot? Yes and No. Is he game breaking or changing ? no in a collector and fan sense he is valuable as gold. This is something i feel like should be emulated in games when people take risks. This age of early access games where there is no accountability for devs if they dont succeed I feel devs should reciprocate their success to those that assisted them from the start in correlation with how much success they got. This kind of develops a long lasting relationship with the founders and the devs. As well as show the members who weren't involved "hey those devs treat their founders good." It would help promote their future content and increase confidence and possible founder rev if they do something else in the future.

• Founders

@outbreak-0001 I still cry everytime I hear Excalibur Prime... I didn't have the money to buy him back then XD ... only got the lowest Tier Founder... it will be the only regret I have on my dying bed... :"Grandpa, do you have any last words?"..."Yes... I want to share my biggest regret with you so you won't make the same mistakes. Listen, always... buy... the ... highest... Founder... Rank..."*dies

• Founders

I think all of these ideas are cool! I agree with most. Especially the OP's original post.2

• Founders

Interesting concept, I don't think its ultimately important to have some lore behind it, but if they had time to invest into it why not!

• Founders

Not sure how much my £25 will buy me, but I'll take whatever I can get! Haha.