Gun creation via character skill tree.

• Founders

The one thing I have always had issues with in battle royal games is the randomness of the weapon spawn. Sometimes you could search an entire complex and not find anything to defend yourself with. One thing I have always liked about MMORPG games is having a character skill tree that you could then use to make Items and then sell them if you wanted. I like the idea of your character having to go out and collect raw materials to create gun/ammo/attachments. Having to work on skills like blacksmithing, mining, leatherworking ect.. And once you get good at those skills, then you have more of a chance to make a certain Item. You know, the usual thing you do in MMORPG games except with modern weapons and such. You could then bring these things into the proving grounds to fight with or sell them on the social hub. Not only would it bring an added element to character building, it would help make the game more in depth besides just being a battle royal game. Of course, there would be a ton of things to work out to make it work but I think it is an interesting Idea.

• Founders

I agree that toning down the randomness of BR could help, but this to me sounds unbalanced in the form of it not being a level playing field, like how COD and BF lock weapons behind level. I think gun placements that stay the same would be better, like an AK that is always in the same spot.

• Founders

I agree completely that there would have to be some sort of balance. Maybe some of the guns/attachments you are able to make are on par with the guns/attachments found on the proving grounds. They are just different. Like in order to get the gold plated sniper rifle, you have to put in some serious time on your character to be able to make it, but it really isn't much better from a performance standpoint than the normal sniper rifle that spawns. Like I said in my earlier post, there would have to be some thought about it to make it work right. But yes, there needs to be a balance so things don't become unfair.

• Founders

I don't see a need for a gun creation skill tree. This game isn't an RPG yet, only the battle royal is being made, and even in 2019 when they start working on the RPG side, they may not even go the route to need gun creation.

I mean, I think classical rpg creation, like star wars galaxies. for example, a gun barrel would take say 8 mined metals. Then depending on the type of metal, rather it be iron or whatever, effects its stats. Higher quality metal nets a better barrel. Then you can put the barrel, stock, etc, together to make a gun, which will have specific stats different than a gun made with crappier materials.

I DOUBT they will go this route, therefore no need for crafting guns. In fact, I think they even said every gun will be the same, every AK, every M4A1, etc. The only difference will be your skills, and the skins you choose to use for the looks of your gun and character.

• Founders

I think the crafting system it will look like Division or Skyrim, or somewhere between.

• Founders

Weapon crafting would be a cool aspect of the MMO, mix-and-match components style. Would give another element of variation and customisation to the whole 'take your gear out and risk it' aspect of the open world.

With regard to loot RNG in the BR mode, devs have said they're trying to look at making loot 'less rng' while still staying true to the BR experience. I.e you can know with some certainty that if you run to a building you will find at least a usable weapon there, that buildings suitable for sniping will have a greater chance of spawning sniping related loot etc.