Ideas on Survive-ability

• Founders

One thing I'm iffy about military style BR games is the ability to survive a gun fight.
    On one hand if you see someone and have good aim you can just melt them depending on what kind of gun you have or on the other hand if someone sees you first they could instantly kill you.

I have mixed feelings on it because its nice being able to just mow players down with ease but feels bad when it happens to you.
    I suggest to add a type of mechanic that will fix that.
    Maybe being able to put up a small shield that fits one person and not a fortnite wall.
    How about adding a slide, role, or dive mechanic so you can get to cover or atleast get out of sight for a sec to buy time.

I dont want it to be to OP because this game is suppose to be a tactical shooter but just good enough where if someone is aiming at you from behind and hits you with that first shot you can dodge the next few shots if you react quick enough.

Of course its just an Idea, what do yall think? Or is there another way around it?
    Also I know that you get better as you play but ya gotta admit there's those times where preparing wasn't going to save you.

• Founders

I like games that offer punishing effects like Aim Punch, Stopping Power Staggering that revolve around Strength of the Weapon, the weapon class, and what they can realistically do against human/amour/structure.

Then I also like shooting mechanics that punish Sprays to a certain Degree unless they are spec'd to have Bi-Pods and Mounting Mechanics to allow for such compact composure over the weapon. and also if they are short barreled and meant for spraying but have severe bullet drop and damage drop.
    More Emphasis on Skill shot and Burst Firing over Spray

I do like Suppression effects and a form of battle tactics to keep heads low and possibly provide movement lanes.

I do like Punishing Effects after taking damage like Headshot Tilting and Disorientation if they survive. I do like Knock down effects from guns like Shotguns at close range but drop off the stopping power to staggering outside of knock down range. (shotguns should be kings of suppression when shooting at people as it is a wave of pellets). Exposions and Nades to knock people down.

I would like to stress the game is a survival game at heart and I hope to see more human feel elements being portrayed in the game rather than it being a arena based shooter that makes people think they can respawn or heal within 3-5 seconds back into 100%

• Founders

@noontimedrunk-0001 said in Ideas on Survive-ability:

I like games that offer punishing effects like Aim Punch, Stopping Power Staggering that revolve around Strength of the Weapon, the weapon class, and what they can realistically do against human/amour/structure

I like it to an extent, I like a little feedback when I get hit, but for the sake of overall gameplay enjoyment, I don't feel these should completely inhibit you from returning fire.

There should be some chance of outskilling someone that got the drop on you.

• Admin

It's been mentioned previously in a Mavericks round table video, that we're looking to "extend" surivability. Exactly how hasn't been discussed, but we're aware it's the gun play that really makes the game what it is in a lot of cases. So we don't want those encounters to be over instantly.

We want each encounter to feel important, to feel like like you had to track down your kill and then execute correctly and outplay them in a 1v1 gun fight in order to take that victory without it being one shot, gone, move on.

We'll have more videos and information coming on gunplay etc as we progress.