Subscription and BETA start

• Founders

So, is it safe to assume that we will need to pay $60 each year to continue playing Mavericks? Much like WOW has a paid subscription?

Also, does anyone know when the BETA will start? When they say Aug-Sep is that just a rough guess of when it will start. I originally thought as a founder, we would have two months of early access BETA, before the free Oct one would start, though if it were to only start in Sep then I guess we would only have a month. (no biggie)

I've been counting down the days till Aug, I just don't want to get to Aug and be disappointed that I have to wait another month to sink my teeth into this.. lol

• Founders

@blackscorpion-0001 Well, if you divide 60 by 12, its only 5 dollars a month. In my mind, this is mostly going towards keeping the servers running. With the introduction of SpacialOS, we have "multiple servers running one game instance" therefore, the small fee for "citizenship" will keep the servers running and smoothly. You don't have to pay to play though, there will be a free to play mode. ""Visitors are welcome but possessing citizenship will unlock and enable a variety of content within the game. This service can be acquired through the following ways:"" I believe there are certain perks that go with citizenship like being able to trade or sell skins for armor and guns. While a free to play person can get skins but cannot trade them or buy them? (not sure how it will work 100% so don't take everything I said for facts).

• Founders

So, is it safe to assume that we will need to pay $60 each year to continue playing Mavericks? Much like WOW has a paid subscription?

The game will be free-to-play, with Citizenship as an optional subscription-based service to unlock further content in within the game. More like maybe EVE or RuneScape, than WoW.

Also, does anyone know when the BETA will start? When they say Aug-Sep is that just a rough guess of when it will start. I originally thought as a founder, we would have two months of early access BETA, before the free Oct one would start, though if it were to only start in Sep then I guess we would only have a month. (no biggie)

As with all betas, dates are subject to change; however, I would be led to believe that these dates are more set in stone as development has progressed a fair amount. The Founders beta is due to start nearer to the end of August, with the Closed (first 100k signups) beta in the beginning of October, and the Open Beta to start at the end of October.

Note: you should probably expect some adjustment/tweaking breaks in-between betas.

• Founders

@BlackScorpion-0001
    It's natural to question sub fee's nowadays with the greed that runs our industries. If its a game you enjoy, and play regularly. It's only respectable to pay small fee's to continue enjoying your game time. Especially if the company running the game shows honesty, and responds well to the community. Myself and most would prefer to pay small fee's to keep the servers live, and the content coming.

• Founders

@cheekydroid-0001 Oh sorry, don't get me wrong, i'm happy to pay for a game that provides great support, and I enjoy it, was just confirming, that was the case. 🙂

• Founders

@blackscorpion-0001 Whoops I misread something, my apologies. Well either way its a fair point, and frankly some people should read it :p.

• Admin

The game will be F2P with the option of a paid subscription on the full game launch. This is Citizenship, you can read about some of the perks that come with Citizenship in the support section of the forums and we'll be expanding on it as more info comes.

But if you're happy with the base game, then that will be free to play on release 🙂

• The game will be F2P with paid cosmetics.