Circle Enclosure Idea.

• Founders

This idea for the enclosing circle is to create varied experience's and potentially less RNG mid to late game. The "circle" should be varied in size and decrease in non regular patterns, but clearly show on the map the projected routes. And by non regular patterns i mean specific areas at the rim of the "circle" to outline ridge lines, valleys, or map objectives like an airdrop zone. Something that could make the mid game more interesting is if a player does a specific objective that's pointed out on the map, they'll get a break when the next enclosure happens. Where as the areas players did not do the objective, they have a more severe enclosure. This idea has almost unlimited possibilities and could be an interesting way to make the mid game more interactive. I actually really like the idea for an invading faction closing in on the map and if you stand outside of the "circle" you'll get shot by this invading faction. Rather than just a blue wall of death.

Here's an example what a circle could look like.alt text

• Founders

I was thinking something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7luWQ9thGi0 but with proper morphing ofc...

• Founders

@timbazi-0001 That is almost identical to what I was thinking. If done right it could honestly do wonders for BR. If done wrong, it would be terrible.

• Founders

Everything you suggested fixes so many current issues I have with the current BR's on the market:

• Predictability

• Rotating using the outskirts of the circle (either for kills or for cover on one side)

• Stale mid-game

@cheekydroid-0001 said in Circle Enclosure Idea.:

if a player does a specific objective that's pointed out on the map, they'll get a break when the next enclosure happens. Where as the areas players did not do the objective, they have a more severe enclosure.

The most important to me is the stale mid-game, but with this suggestion I see so many opportunities to force encounters with one another.
    I know that they originally wanted something (an event of sorts) to occur on the map to direct the flow of the game. And if you were to pair that with the ability to influence where the circle goes next if you succeed at that event, that would be genre changing.

I say event because I don't think it should be simply airdrops, but perhaps a most kills in the area sort of thing.

Perhaps some more thought could be put into this next idea, but I just don't know where to take it:
    if you win the event you are able to influence the circle, but instead of circle favor-ability to your side, perhaps you could get a drone to provide you with a map of sorts that would allow you to cut off a specific part of the circle.( Example below, each line represents a cut that could be made based on km^2 of land cut off)
    It would need to be used within a certain time frame imo, so as to not use it at the very end when circles are very small as it is, and would take x-seconds for the circle to close in on the line provided.

This would also make the game more strategic which is a ++ = D

Circle cutting

• Founders

@cheekydroid-0001 I was also thinking of something like. If the circle morphed, so that it would overlap itself, it would sort of split and have smaller circle form from it, then that circle would move by itself nearby and/or around the main circle and then would merge to the main circle at some point. You would have to make the choice to either run through the deadly"blue" zone and take damage or try to sneak inside the circle until safe (if you're unfortunate enough to get caught in one that is)

• Founders

@timbazi-0001 In my opinion the way that the circle should morph should very heavily be determined on the layout of the environment that's being enclosed on. I would like to say that if possible, making the outside of the circle to favor locations that seem more realistic. Instead of cutting this deep gully or steep ridge line in half, make the circle have a tendency to make the entire gully or ridge line in play. I'm not sure how doable this is, but something to think about.

• Founders

Yup, think this idea is great. Predictability would be great to remove, and have a genuine randomness about the circle and where and how its going to look could do wonders to each game. +1

• Founders

@sharpy-0001 I agree that the biggest issue right now is the stale mid game and the circle RNG mid into late game. I suppose speeding up the early game could reduce some of those issues but a large game mechanic has to be introduced in order to make any meaningful good change. Hopefully someone on the Dev team sees this and gives them an idea or two.

• Founders

I actually like this idea, and IF ANYTHING, this should be the ONLY RNG aspect of the BR game. That way it keep players on their toes in terms of movement and where the "circle" ends.

• Founders

@namco-0001 To a point. Though RNG for weapon drops and objectives should be RNG. However I feel like to an extent some weapon drops should be static. For example on towers, or high locations, should have an increased rate for long range weapons or bigger scopes, ext.

• Founders

I suppose speeding up the early game could reduce some of those issues

Could you explain this a bit more?

towers, or high locations, should have an increased rate for long range weapons or bigger scopes

I find this to big an advantage especially if there are clear lines of sight to possible enemies - being able to take full effect of AR's range (via the accuracy benefit of stationary crouching), without any risks of being fired upon is an unhealthy mechanic.

• Founders

@sharpy-0001 Speeding up the early game could reduce some of the mid game staleness due to the fact less people look to fight early, rather to gear up and start moving. Because currently in most BR's the hott spots are crowded and everyone tends to fight until one man or one team is remaining in these areas. If that was less the case and people knew that they needed to get moving, there would be more alive players in the mid game which would essentially create less of a stale mid game. I recently recall hearing that the Dev's are looking to speed up the early game, so this fits nicely into that.

Yeah the idea of increased or decreased loot thematically may not be balanced. Though it could be nice to have some type of non RNG looting. And once again I believe in one of the round tables someone said they're looking into somehow making locations that would have a gun that's meant for your class. Anyone else remember how that was worded?

• Founders

Not a huge fan of static locations for good weapons. I feel that once a location becomes known for good weapons then everyone goes there (yes, its good to bring everyone together) but I feel that the better players tend to nab the good weapons first then are already at an advantage. By no means do I want to disadvantage good players, but I feel if ALL gear is RNG then it gives the opportunity for beginners players to randomly come across good weapons (which they may never see or use as)

By the end of the round you could potentially have some beginner players left with the best kits v the good players with average kits..sorta balances it out.

When we all start its not a mad rush to get to the 'warehouse' coz all the best loot is there, why would I jump to that little hut sitting by itself when i'm 90% sure that i'm probably going to be lucky to find a hand gun there, or a melee weapon. If it was RNG, then that little obscure hut sitting there might hold one of the best loots (that could potentially not be picked up, if no1 even thinks of going there)

• Founders

@blackscorpion-0001 You definitely made some points and I do agree with them. I wouldn't want weapon spawns to be overpowered, if anything convenient.

• Founders

I would (or would like to test at least) mark the center of the last possible circle after the first shrinking has been done. That could add strategic element for the game. Would you push the end spot early and defend it the rest of the game or would you avoid it until the very end?

• Founders

@7ourist-0001 I mean there's an idea. One I think most players would not like though. However since the Dev's did say they are looking into creating small objectives over the map, one of the objectives could be to kill the most players in the last circle area to receive an airdrop or something(I know that's not creative, but build upon it :p)

• Founders

Imagine a triangle zone instead. When it starts the corners are ignited from the sky and the beam then travels to the next corner and the next until it’s a triangle.

Now the interesting part, with any shape that has vertices you can move those independently. So you can change the shape from an equilateral triangle to an isosceles triangle and change the way people think about the constricting area.

A triangular area would also mean that pro teams can establish the angle or a barrier and come up with strays for that. A further idea would be even allowing the shape to rotate when shrinking. Maybe a map warning or the next location would be required for that though.

• Founders

@sobr0ken-0001 Interesting idea. I like the idea of a rotating triangle.

• Founders

Morphing 'circular' zone during beginning to late game, and a triangle for late game. Now that would create strats

• Founders

What also could be a quiet different way of doing the zoning could be quadrant zoning. (prob not the right wording but go with me here)

I'm going to assume that the map will consist a map orientation much like PUBG (ie:A1,A2,A3,B1,B2,B3 etc). eg: Im going to land at the warehouse located at H4 etc.

Now imagine if you would that each time the 'circle' is to change, the map will RNG a new set of quadrants interlinked that are the new safe zones. For instance A1, A2,B2 , F6,G6,H6 and J3, K3, L4.

Then as the timer starts to count down for you to get into these new safe zones, a rolling deadly fog starts enveloping the area, pushing you into the quadrants (similar to Hunger Games fog ). This could be visually stunning as you see the fog dance across a field towards you like a river, wrapping around buildings and over rocks etc.

At the start of the game there can be multiple safe zones scattered through out the map, and perhaps larger maybe 5 quadrants, as game goes on, less of them and smaller quadrants to get the people moving into the area for the end game.

This would then be totally unpredictable, and mean you will need to think and react quickly to each new phase. This would potentially lead to less people heading for the center and camping until end game.

Just a thought, and possible different spin on the zoning.