Something... Something... I'm lev

• Founders

Hi all!

My name is lev, and I've finally made my way to the Mavericks Community boards. It's wonderful to see all the excitement for the game, and I've been waiting patiently for the Founder's Beta. 🙂

Just like many of you, I have a history of First Person Shooters. My love for FPS sprouted around the time of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and more recently, I have been investing a lot of my time into PUBG. I'm excited too see a progression system + MMO aspect to the classic FPS genre. I have some history of playing FPS at a (semi)competitive level, so some of my favorite aspects of these types of games is the ability to create a competitive culture or scene where people can stack their skill sets against skill sets of others. I hope to provide my insights to the competitive side of Mavericks moving forward! If anyone would like to create a sub community around this, feel free to reach out to me, and I'd love to chat about any game/FPS at a competitive level (Pro/Am scene, Gunplay mechanics, game balance, etc.).

I'm also a hobby streamer, which I would like to beef up a little bit. That being said, I'm hoping for good news with Mavericks allowing us to stream gameplay prior to the main launch. I believe having a community promote the game through various channels can really bring a larger level of marketing for a game like this. But, I will support the devs on their endeavor and trust their intuition for their work.

All in all, I'm extremely excited to begin my Mavericks journey along side all of you.

See you on the Proving Grounds,

lev

• Founders

Nice to have you along for the ride Lev.

As you say, see you on the proving grounds 🙂

Welcome Lev! 🙂

• Founders

Welcome to the Mavericks community board!

I played my fair share of MW when it came out. Had a ton of fun with a few buddies. My first real experience with FPS games was with 007 GoldenEye on the N64 and continued with the Halo series on Xbox.

I don't know much about the Pro/Am scene, but I'm always up for learning the intricacies of different game aspects. After all, the more you understand a game, the easier it is to get better at it.

Hope to see you around the Proving Grounds,
    D

• Founders

@fumfs-0001 Glad to have joined the ride! It'll be fun. Maybe we can squad up sometime.

@Dunc4n-0001 Thank you!

@PVPavement-0001 I honestly never thought about the local multiplayer experience of FPS, GoldenEye was DEFINITELY a breeding ground for many current FPS lovers, and Halo as well. I can still remember staying up until ungodly hours of the night playing Halo 3 Co-op campaigns... But you're correct in the evolution of knowledge translating into a greater understanding of the game. If you're ever interested, I'd love to chat about what mechanics or functionality in FPS's you enjoy, or what you think makes for a good FPS! And just like @FuMFs-0001, maybe we could squad up on the Proving Grounds! 🙂

Have a great week gents!

• Founders

@lev-0001 Either would be cool, I'm down. I'm a little shy when it comes to voice chat with people I'm not terribly familiar with, but I open up after a while. I'm much more likely to type up a message than call someone, though. After all, I can edit messages before I send them instead of sounding like a skittish dumbass over voice. lol

• Founders

@pvpavement-0001 Hey, there wouldn't be any judgment from me! I have noticed you're quite active here on the forums, and very interested in how the intricacies of the game works, so I'd love to pick your brain one day about what you think. Totally up to you though, we can chat in game (hopefully if we both get the 'stress test' or the first 1000 folks, we can squad up early!), whatever works best for you man. I just enjoy socializing and exploring game mechanics with others that are equally as passionate.

• Founders

@lev-0001
    Thats the spirit 🙂 👍 looking forward to meet you guys ingame