Introducing Mavericks: The Forge

• Admin

Today we've announced that we've replaced our beta programme with something new. Rather than a series of tests across a string of weekends, we’ll be launching the game live and making iterative updates based on your feedback on a weekly basis. You can look forward to more access, and introduction to core features earlier, and seeing your feedback make a tangible impact on the game’s development ahead of its final release. This will be called 'Mavericks: The Forge'.

Q: When can I have access to the game?
    A: Founders will have access shortly after the Making Mavericks episode on 29th of August. The exact date will be announced then. This is a small delay from our original beta launch date but we hope that it will be well worth the wait. Non-Founders will have access shortly after Founders, beginning with those who signed up at E3.

Q: When will we find out more about the gameplay of Mavericks?
    A: Details about the Proving Grounds gamemode will be revealed in the Making Mavericks episode on the 29th of August.

Q: When does Citizenship start?
    A: Citizenship gives you access to the in-game economy of Mavericks. It will become available in the weeks after 'The Forge' begins.

Q: When do I get access to my Founders benefits?
    A: Founders benefits will be introduced throughout 'The Forge' period, during our weekly updates as those particular features are added to the game. All benefits will be available by the end of the year.

Best regards,
    The Mavericks Team

• Founders

@oliver said in Introducing Mavericks: The Forge:

Hoje anunciamos que substituímos nosso programa beta por algo novo. Em vez de uma série de testes em uma sequência de fins de semana, lançaremos o jogo ao vivo e faremos atualizações iterativas com base em seus comentários semanalmente. Você pode esperar mais acesso e introdução aos recursos principais anteriormente e ver seu feedback ter um impacto tangível no desenvolvimento do jogo antes de seu lançamento final. Isso será chamado de 'Mavericks: The Forge'.
    P: Quando posso ter acesso ao jogo?
    R: Os fundadores terão acesso logo após o episódio Making Mavericks no dia 29 de agosto. A data exata será anunciada então, o que será apenas alguns dias depois. Este é um pequeno atraso da nossa data original de lançamento da versão beta, mas esperamos que valha a pena esperar. Os não-fundadores terão acesso no final de setembro, começando com aqueles que se registraram na E3.
    P: Quando vamos descobrir mais sobre a jogabilidade do Mavericks?
    R: Detalhes sobre o modo de jogo do Proving Grounds serão revelados no episódio Making Mavericks no dia 29 de agosto.
    P: Quando a cidadania começa?
    R: A cidadania dá acesso à economia do jogo no Mavericks. Ele estará disponível algumas semanas após o início do 'The Forge', mas apenas uma vez a moeda e a progressão do jogo não serão mais reinicializadas.
    P: Quando obtenho acesso aos benefícios dos meus Fundadores?
    R: Os benefícios dos Fundadores serão introduzidos durante todo o período "The Forge", durante as nossas atualizações semanais, à medida que esses recursos específicos forem adicionados ao jogo. Todos os benefícios estarão disponíveis até o final do ano.
    Atenciosamente,
    The Mavericks Team

Avaliable ON STEAM ?

• Founders

Beautiful

• Founders

@oliver Thank you very much for the update. I know a large part of the community was hoping for information in a format like this.

Looking forward to starting play in The Forge. 🙂

• Founders

Excellent news. Very happy to get some information on what is going on. Hyped to get going. Keep the info flowing. ✌

• An interesting approach. This is not a new release method for games these days, it's rather normal actually. It doesn't really make much difference what it is labeled as. It's still a beta, or early access to a restricted portion of the game.

I am interested however in what is not said in this post.. This 'The Forge' that Founders first will have access to, what does it entail? Is it different from 'Proving Grounds'? - I await the 29th August with excitment to discover the answer to this and more.

I signed up having see the E3 update on this game. I am not a paid founder as at the time I thought the price point was simply too high for what you were supposed to recieve. I am glad that to this point I haven't become a paid founder of the game. I am of course more than happy to support the game financially by purchasing the game.

Is there any information about the cost of the game to purchase? For non-founders?

Look forward to more information.

The game will be Free To Play on release. The founders pack is to get access before anyone else and other extras.

• Founders

@dunc4n-0001 This sounds like its going to be a pay to play game.. 😞

The game is completely free to play! Also, anything ingame that you need to pay for will not give you a competitive advantage. It's mostly cosmetic only.

1. Is Mavericks Free to Play?
      A: Yes, Mavericks: Proving Grounds is free to play. However, players will be able to pay to become a Citizen, a monthly subscription which provides extra features and content. All founders will receive 12 months Citizenship when the game launches.

From the FAQ

• Founders

Soon™ ;3

• Founders

Great news! I think the path of forge will have a much better feeling for players than on again off again beta's and give everyone involved a good experience. I look forward to hearing more news about this and other developments. Perhaps even an email or two sent out to existing Founders letting them know of the delay and the additional information for those that do not constantly browse the forums and reddit/discord?

• Founders

So it's Early Access >.> Just because you call it something else doesn't mean it is not still Early Access. The only difference is that anyone who was a founder, only get's to play a few days before everyone else. The point of being a founder/beta tester is so that you get to play for a while before everyone else. Early Access = Release game, make incremental updates throughout time. That's exactly what you're doing here.

• Founders

Q: When does Citizenship start?
    A: Citizenship gives you access to the in-game economy of Mavericks. It will become available in the weeks after 'The Forge' begins.

I'm not happy. I thought citizenship will be available only in the retail version (reason I bought the founder pack).

• Founders

Traduction française :

Aujourd'hui, nous vous annonçons le remplacement de notre programme de bêta par quelque chose de nouveau : plutôt que de simples séries de test dispatchées sur plusieurs week-ends, nous préférons lancer une version live du jeu sur laquelle nous ferons des updates selon vos retours, de façon hebdomadaire. Vous pouvez donc vous attendre à une plus grande accessibilité au jeu et à une introduction des principales mécaniques de jeu en avance. De plus, avoir vos retours de façon constante et permanente permettra de contribuer grandement au développement du jeu avant sa sortie finale. Cette nouvelle session de test live s'appellera "Mavericks : The Forge".

Q : Quand aurons-nous accès au jeu ?
    R : Les Fondateurs auront accès au jeu peu après la sortie de l'épisode "Making Mavericks", le 29 Août. La date exacte sera annoncée à ce moment, qui sera quelques jours plus tard. Il est vrai que nous avons un léger retard par rapport à notre programme de bêta original, mais nous espérons que cela en vaudra l'attente. Les Non-Fondateurs auront accès au jeu quelques temps après les Fondateurs, en commençant par les personnes s'étant inscrites lors de l'E3.

Q : Quand pourrons-nous découvrir plus de gameplay de Mavericks ?
    R : Les informations sur les modes de jeu de Proving Grounds seront révélées dans l'épisode "Making Mavericks" le 29 Août.

Q : Quand la Citoyenneté commencera ?
    R : La Citoyenneté donnant accès à l'économie in-game de Mavericks sera disponible dans les semaines suivant le début de "The Forge".

Q : Quand est-ce que les bonus Fondateurs seront délivrés ?
    R : Les bonus Fondateurs seront introduits au fil de "The Forge" à travers nos updates hebdomadaires en même temps que les fonctionnalités associées. Tous les bonus seront disponibles d'ici la fin de l'année.

Cordialement,
    L'Equipe Mavericks

• Founders

Well, let's see what "The Forge" brings, but the News are for now a HUGE Disappointment to be honest.
    Citizenship was announced to start when the Game gets released, not when Early Access starts and that founders have at least 1 Month Exclusive Access (Aug-Sep) and the others from October on.
    I will wait, but I totally can understand when a lot of People now get refunds on the Founders Pack and i think the Devs will have to Deal with some Bad Press when they lucky and with very negative Press if they ain't lucky (which they deserve).

• Founders

I don't recall reading anywhere - anywhere official, that is - that the Founders pack gave you exclusive access! Nor that you would get access in August.

My interpretation of it was:-

• I would get early access to the game.
    • I will get some cool E3 related skins and/or content.
    • I will get access to an ingame Founders Hall.
    • I will get access to the Founders area on the official forums.
    • I will get 12 months of Citizenship.
    • The warm fuzzy feeling that I am helping a cool game-studio break the ground with some cool new tech.

I don't feel like that deal has been changed with these latest announcements.

• Founders

@gargoyle-0001 said in Introducing Mavericks: The Forge:

I don't recall reading anywhere - anywhere official, that is - that the Founders pack gave you exclusive access! Nor that you would get access in August.

My interpretation of it was:-

• I would get early access to the game.
    • I will get some cool E3 related skins and/or content.
    • I will get access to an in-game Founders Hall.
    • I will get access to the Founders area on the official forums.
    • I will get 12 months of Citizenship.
    • The warm fuzzy feeling that I am helping a cool game-studio break the ground with some cool new tech.

I don't feel like that deal has been changed with these latest announcements.

Well then you did not Read. Check here the Original Founders Info:
    https://i.redd.it/6sf753d76g311.png

"Founders Beta Access (Aug - Sept 18)". The "Normal" Beta was set for October 18 Originally and the Founders Beta Access was set to End of August.
    Another Point is "I will get 12 months of Citizenship" and it was said Multiple Times that the Citizenship starts when the Game is Officially released, now the Citizenship starts when the Game is still in Early Access where still a lot can change etc.
    Major Issue for most Players seems that some get a Week Headstart, based on some Survey that no one Reads and that 1000 of 50.0000 Founders get Access.

We will see if after 7 Days all Founders have Access to the Game and how long "shortly after" will be for other People to join.

Biggest Issue here is the really bad Communication from the Development Team and that the Plans got changed so drastically.

• Founders

Yes, and as said in multiple threads now, founders will still get early "beta" access in August / September. And you will still get 12 months citizenship when the game is officially released.

That release is just going to happen sooner - so I still don't know what you are crying about.

• Founders

Thank you for the update here! Looking forward to gaming and I'm sure you have tons to do before the end of the month 😉

• Founders

I understand the concept behind the "The Forge". It's really great but divide founders via location and PC spec not a good idea. Players already asking for refund. I really don't understand the hurry behind the concept. Why so sudden? Can't you wait x weeks and grant access all the founders at once?

I still hope the introduced citizenship will be part of The forge and the founders will get the 12 month citizenship after the retail version.
    I'm sure every founder want to help you make this game 5 star, just let them do. Please reconsider.