Predictions on the "major change" to BR mode?

• Founders

Toward the end of yesterday's "The Forge" announcement article (link), there was this bit of text...

"Since our E3 showing we've made a major change to the Battle Royale mode; one that we believe sets Mavericks apart from the crowd and enhances the groundbreaking vision for the game."

So what are everyone's thoughts on what this might be? I'm both intrigued and concerned. 😓

• Founders

Not thinking anything...

I'm going to wait and see...

I like surprises!

😄

• Founders

I have a feeling it's going to be something that changes how the mid game of a BR game works and makes it less of a bore-fest. The developers have mentioned this was going to be their intent in a Q&A a while ago, and I feel it would be the smart thing to do considering how many copy-paste BR games are coming out with this very problem.

Let's face it, just by looking at PUBG and Fortnite, it's clear that Mid game is where the BR experience lacks. An exciting start, a heart racing finish and a dull mid-game.

If they introduced some sort of dynamic way to make the Mid game interesting, that would in fact "set Mavericks apart from the crowd and enhances the groundbreaking vision for the game." as they stated in the post.

We'll see, but count me excited.

• Founders

@gilodis-0001 I hope it's something like that, personally I really like PUBG, but as you said midgame is a snoozefest.
    Basically going for wins/high killcount at the end, I rush center and no one is there forever.

• Founders

@gilodis-0001 said in Predictions on the "major change" to BR mode?:

I have a feeling it's going to be something that changes how the mid game of a BR game works and makes it less of a bore-fest. The developers have mentioned this was going to be their intent in a Q&A a while ago...

Maybe, but mid-game objectives is something they discussed months prior to E3 (in this video from April 9th). The article specifically says this major change came after E3. 🤔

• Founders

@gilodis-0001 I think there will be in game incentives to bring players to a certain location. Radical Heights did this extremely well. With maps so large without events to help players gravitate to a certain location games will take forever. There will always be players with a "campy" mindset in these types of games. They need to encourage people to fight

• Founders

@gilodis-0001 said in Predictions on the "major change" to BR mode?:

I have a feeling it's going to be something that changes how the mid game of a BR game works and makes it less of a bore-fest. The developers have mentioned this was going to be their intent in a Q&A a while ago, and I feel it would be the smart thing to do considering how many copy-paste BR games are coming out with this very problem.

Let's face it, just by looking at PUBG and Fortnite, it's clear that Mid game is where the BR experience lacks. An exciting start, a heart racing finish and a dull mid-game.

If they introduced some sort of dynamic way to make the Mid game interesting, that would in fact "set Mavericks apart from the crowd and enhances the groundbreaking vision for the game." as they stated in the post.

We'll see, but count me excited.

Yeah agree they probably want to test some feature that set the pace for the various game phases; there could be some high risk high reward feature maybe a little more articulated than a box that drop from a plane. I expect something more though, I would really like to see something that is really innovative for the genre.

• Founders

The more I think about it, the more I feel this is going to be related to the circle. They've already said they want to make loot less RNG based by having some degree of guaranteed spawns, so it makes sense that they'd want to also reduce circle unpredictability, aka "circle luck".

Maybe a system where contesting / controlling certain points of interest around the map give you some level of control over where the safe zone shifts next? Not sure exactly how that might work, but could be interesting and would certainly set Mavericks apart from the crowd.

• Founders

npc spawn ins