Updated Forge FAQ

• Admin

MAVERICKS - UPDATED FORGE FAQ

Q: What is the release date for ‘Mavericks: The Forge’?
    A: Whilst we will no longer be running a beta, we’ll be welcoming players into ‘The Forge’ in the next few weeks. We’ll announce the date in our next ‘Making Mavericks’ video at the end of the month.

Q: Why is there no longer a beta?
    A: We believe ‘Mavericks: The Forge’ offers something better than the previously announced beta, which would have limited access for our Founders to weekends. ‘The Forge’ will go live and enable more access and more features earlier, with Founders still getting priority access ahead of the public.

Q: Do Founders get access first?
    A: Yes. Founders will be the first players to experience Mavericks through The Forge. Founders will benefit from over 3x more exclusive access to Mavericks across several weeks before The Forge becomes available to other selected players. A first wave of Founders will be invited based on hardware specifications and location for the sole purpose of stress testing, before the remaining Founders are invited to participate in ‘The Forge’. All Founders will receive several weeks of exclusive access regardless of when they join The Forge.

Q: How are you changing the Battle Royale?
    A: We’re excited to share with you what changes we’ve made to our Battle Royale. You’ll be able to find out more in our next ‘Making Mavericks’ video released on 29th August.

Q: When do I get access to my Founders benefits?
    A: We plan to introduce benefits through ‘The Forge’ period. We’ll be talking more about Founders benefits and Citizenship in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to our blog.

Q: I’m a Founder - when does my Citizenship begin?
    A: Citizenship subscriptions will not start when ‘Mavericks: The Forge’ begins. We have no intentions of starting Citizenship subscriptions until our players can enjoy the full benefits that Citizenship has to offer. We will announce this date in the future.

Q: What does ‘Mavericks: The Forge’/ the iterative process mean to me?
    A: Mavericks: The Forge enables our team to take your feedback and make impactful changes quickly to improve your experience every week whilst playing.

Q: Can I stream ‘Mavericks: The Forge’?
    A: Players will not be able to stream gameplay, share their experiences and post images from ‘The Forge’ in the initial weeks, as we’ll be testing features related to gameplay and stability, which will not accurately reflect the full potential of Mavericks. We will have further information on when the community can stream at a later date.

Q: Will there be an NDA?
    A: Initially, yes. All players will be required to sign an NDA ahead of access to ‘Mavericks: The Forge’. This will only be for a limited period. Any changes to the rules will be communicated in advance over email, Twitter, our forums and Discord. The NDA is to ensure players do not stream or post gameplay content that we do not want shared at this current time.

• Founders

finally NDA is cleared up

• Founders

@sam NDA hype! Let's goooo! Good job staff!

• Founders

How will you be selecting which Founders get in earlier than others?

• Founders

@psyrik-0001 A first wave of Founders will be invited based on hardware specifications and location for the sole purpose of stress testing, before the remaining Founders are invited to participate in ‘The Forge’. All Founders will receive several weeks of exclusive access regardless of when they join The Forge.- as per the third question.

• Founders

Thanks @Sam.

I'm totally going to stream just my face and every now and again scream at the camera "This game is so damn awesome, I wish I could show you!" 😄 😄

• Founders

Lovely news, glad that people won't be allowed to stream the game during the forge perioid. Nice work devs!

• @asta-0001 sounds like something a non-streamer would say.

• Founders

Great. Really looking forward to this.

• Founders

@sam Thank you for clearing everything up. I'm sure this will help people understand the intentions of The Forge now that there's an official statement on the matter. 🙂

• Founders

I guess I'll have to read the NDA when we receive it but im assuming that it also covers screenshots and recording games. Not streaming or posting on social media but even just recording games for personal analyzing.

• Founders

@chubaka-0001 That is literally what and NDA is. And as stated above if you read it, they just clarified that no, no screenshots or video can be taken. LOL

• Founders

Awesome, cant wait to test the game on my Beast RIG.

• Founders

Will automaton choose the 1.000 people who have better hardware for the Forge or that doesn't really matter ?

• Founders

@chubaka-0001 I'm pretty sure you can record gameplay and just keep it to yourself. If not that would be super silly.

• Founders

@theneonarcade-0001 I agree. "The NDA is to ensure players do not stream or post gameplay content that we do not want shared at this current time."

• Founders

@belmontko-0001 I'm happy to hear about the NDA too, because I'd like to see Mavericks go big. Public release too early on can hurt a game, i.e. No Man's Sky

• Founders

@respect0x-0001 said in Updated Forge FAQ:

Will automaton choose the 1.000 people who have better hardware for the Forge or that doesn't really matter ?

They'll likely select a wide variety of hardware configurations, ranging from low to high end. I don't think anyone will be disqualified based on their computer unless it's simply not intended to play modern games at all.

• Founders

tks @sam you are so sexy!

• Founders

Thank you for the info and clarification! Can't wait to play.