I want a refund bc of all the lies!

• Founders Banned

Can I have a refund? I do not feel that you were totally honest in the beginning. I pay to play early access to a game and then all the sudden in order for me to play I have to list all the specs on my computer and how many Twitch, facebook and youtube followers I have? That tells me you want only the best computers with the users with the most viewers playing your game. Also for you to sit here and release all these posts about the changes but not give a hard date is total bullish*t. I feel like this is an old carnival trick. Come to town and get the townies to buy something and before they realize they have been duped you leave town! Lastly don't tell me that if I pay I get to play the early access first and then tell me that it will now come out in waves! What if I am in the last wave. Do I get charged less than people who got in on the first wave? Sure sounds fair to me.

• Admin

Hi Dumble

We're unable to issue refunds for anything past 14 days, if you've purchased within this time you can request a refund through Xsolla.

However you can read the updated FAQ over at https://community.mavericks.gg/topic/554/updated-forge-faq.

The changes benefit Founders much more than the initial beta schedule and you're getting more than before.

The initial period will be under an NDA so us selecting people with the most viewers etc isn't the case, in fact that would be negative for us because streamers would be busy streaming something else, as Mavericks wont be streamable during the initial period. The survey is to get a grasp on the player base and to get variation across the playerbase for testing.

• Founders

@dumbledorerulz-0001 So a couple things wrong with this statement.

First what is right: We did pay for an early access, now we only get the game for a week or two before everyone else, not too early.

Now what is wrong:

1. Specs are required because the people with the best computers will get invited first, this is to limit how many bugs are reported that may be strictly based on hardware and not on the actual game. All founders will eventually get invited, not just based on hardware.
    2. Twitch / YouTube / Twitter were all optional. I also never had to list my number of followers, not sure what survey you were following.
    3. They have released a hard date. The early access that they don't want to call early access, starts within the next week or two, eye on your email for invite. The official game will be announced at the end of the month, and will probably be dated for a week or two after that. So most likely mid September.
    4. If it does come out in waves, you shouldn't be charged any less as you are still getting it before the F2P players join. Granted it's not that much longer. You pay for the beta because you want to support the developers and help them develop a great game. If it was strictly to see who to invite first, there would of been price tiers. The higher being those who want exclusive first access.

My suggestion, even though you didn't ask for it. Stop complaining, keep an eye out for the email to play, download the game, and play. And hope that the game that is released is good. If at the end, the game is shit, then ask for a refund. STOP CRYING...

• Founders

@beginnerbots-0001

the pc specs were probably there so they could get different type of pcs for testing

• Founders

@timbazi-0001 Another good reason as well!

• Founders

Yes, they likely want data for a variety of situations and that includes how differently specced PCs interact with the servers and vice versa.

• Founders

@beginnerbots-0001 said in I want a refund bc of all the lies!:

First what is right: We did pay for an early access, now we only get the game for a week or two before everyone else, not too early.

No. That is also wrong! Go and re-read the updated FAQ.

If at the end, the game is shit, then ask for a refund.

That won't work because you didn't buy the game - we purchased a package of benefits in order to support the game development. Some of which we are already using.

That's like taking a half eaten chocolate bar back to the shop and asking for a refund because you've changed your mind!

STOP CRYING...

This bit is good advice! 👍 ☺

• Founders

@beginnerbots-0001 said in I want a refund bc of all the lies!:

No. That is also wrong! Go and re-read the updated FAQ.

Thank you for this, I wasn't aware they changed it from the original announcement of The Forge. Let's hope this sticks as nothing seems to be staying long.

If at the end, the game is shit, then ask for a refund.

That won't work because you didn't buy the game - we purchased a package of benefits in order to support the game development. Some of which we are already using.

That's like taking a half eaten chocolate bar back to the shop and asking for a refund because you've changed your mind!

I said ask for one, never said he would get one. What I was implying, was for him to express his dis-concerns after the game comes out and if it turns out to be trash. Even after all these changes, even if I didn't get any of the perks, if the game turned out to be good, I still wouldn't want a refund of my perks. But that's just me.

STOP CRYING...

This bit is good advice! 👍 ☺

I understand his frustration, but to reach this level where obscenities are being tosses around, is kind of pre-mature.

I apologize for any false information as I was going based off the initial announcement of The Forge.

• Founders Banned

@anunnaki think you need to look up the definition of a HARD release date. Love how you say in the same sentence "FYI they do have a hard release date, here in the next few weeks....." Yep that narrows it down. I am mad because I was convinced to buy it because of their marketing strategy stating everywhere that if you pay you get access on August 18th. If you are promised something that you spent money on it is not unreasonable to want promises kept. Right now I basically paid for a gold "M" for my profile picture. Speaking on the paying for different "tiers" If everyone paid the same amount why are some going to get access after others that paid the same amount? Again I could be one of the first to play but it doesn't matter.

• Admin

@dumbledorerulz-0001 We haven't ever stated you'd get access on August 18th, August '18 is August 2018.

It hasn't ever ever been August 18th and that hasn't changed, it was stated that access would begin between August - September 2018, this is still intended.

• Founders

@dumbledorerulz-0001 said in I want a refund bc of all the lies!:

... I was convinced to buy it because of their marketing strategy stating everywhere that if you pay you get access on August 18th.

That "August '18" confusion has been thrown around since the founders pack was released. And for almost as long people have been clarifying that it does not mean "18th August". It's an act of desperation to keep bringing it up.

Right now I basically paid for a gold "M" for my profile picture.

Yes. That's part of the pack!

Speaking on the paying for different "tiers" If everyone paid the same amount why are some going to get access after others that paid the same amount? Again I could be one of the first to play but it doesn't matter.

No one has ever said "Founders will be the first to play". From day one it was always "founders will get early beta access" - that is still the case. I've tried to clear it up here.

IMO, the best way to look at it is that ALL FOUNDERS are still getting beta access at the same time. SOME FOUNDERS are being invited to take part in an alpha test at Automaton's discretion. This has nothing to do with what you paid for your Founders pack.

• Founders Banned

@gargoyle-0001
    Dude i am not trying to argue anymore I get that I was confused about the 18th and 2018 thing but that gives them 8 days to stick to what you just said "August 2018" If it comes out fine but I just pulled this from their site. You said no one ever said that founders will be first to play.........."Founders are invited to be the first to play Mavericks: Proving Grounds" Maybe I came at this wrong and got overly pissed but from reading the chat I am not the only person who is upset. Every time someone mentions that they hate this there is just some random profile that copies and pastes the same line of BS "We are now offering a wonderful experience that we believe will enhance play ability and it will happen in the next few weeks." That's just gibberish. You can break down every little thing I say if you want but come on don't tell someone to stop complaining if you make an open forum where they can complain especially after the terms have been changed.

• Founders

@dumbledorerulz-0001 At this point, despite whenever we get to play. Founders get a mess full of perks that others don't get, and I think we should just bask in those and enjoy it.