Video: The History Of Mavericks: Proving Grounds - Part 1: Pre-Gameplay Development.

• Founders

I decided to document the development history of Mavericks, so far, in a half hour video. I'll probably aim to do part two when the MMO part of the game is fully released in a year or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os4Qgi6_xy4

• Founders Banned

Why are you just regurgitating information that we already know in your videos? You literally mute the OG track and record your own voice... Stop it, get some help.

Rather than doing video's maybe you should just listen and read more, then come up with your own thoughts and information rather than ripping everyone else's material. It's like reading my contacts list out loud ffs.

• Founders

@MorphX2-0001

Regardless of how you feel about RB's videos, there's no good reason to be an ass about it (which you have here and in your only other post on these forums).

Automaton's communication about the game has been extremely fragmented across a wide variety of different channels and news outlets. This is just a sample of them...

• E3 Live Stream
    • PC Gamer YouTube Channel
    • EGX YouTube Channel
    • Eurogamer YouTube Channel
    • Mavericks YouTube Channel
    • Mavericks Subreddit
    • Mavericks Discord
    • Mavericks Community Forum
    • Mavericks Website

There is no single reliable source for all information about the game. RB's video does a fine job compiling and summarizing the most important details into a relatively short and digestible video. For Mavericks junkies who've spent the past several months sifting through forum and Discord posts, reading every article, and watching hours of video diraries, round tables and presentations, this may be redundant.

This video isn't for those people.

• Founders

Just watched it. that was really well put together RockhoundBlack and your voice over was very informative. Well Done Sir.

• Founders

@rockhoundblack-0001 don´t listen to the haters, keep up the good work! thanks for your YouTube content.

• Founders Banned

@ghostcat-0001 Thank you for proving my point.

• Founders

@ghostcat-0001 said in Video: The History Of Mavericks: Proving Grounds - Part 1: Pre-Gameplay Development.:

there is no single reliable source for all information about the game

MorphX2's post was about Rockhoundblack babbling on and on with NOTHING NEW. Yet your response is there is no single reliable source.... Yes there is! IT IS FROM THE DEVS THEMSELVES. Yet this 15 year old makes videos with the actual devs / game creators videos playing just muted with him talking over them. And all this rockhoundblack does is STATE the exact same thing from each video that the Dev's and creators actually said. What new content has he brough except the incoherent ramblings of a moron trying to get his youtube video hits up without providing any content. But yet you 10 year olds in here are like "Wow, great videos...." <blank stare>

• Founders

@pjmckay-0001 This video was a documentation of the key parts of the game's development up to this point, of course there's going to be very little new content, which is why it's called the History Of Mavericks.

• Founders

@rockhoundblack-0001

Every single video you have posted is garbage. Every single video is you REPEATING what the devs stated in the videos. ZERO new content... ZERO any content. If I were the devs, I would sue you for using their videos for your own personal profit. And to the other 10 year olds that appreciate your 15 yr old commentary that added ZERO to the conversation upvoting you.... Priceless.

But yet here you come... Repeating VERBATIM what the devs stated and best you got is... "It's a documentation of the key points of the game"... You know, every single video the dev's released except you just muted them to have your voice say what they said and you cut out all of the dev information which is actually pertinent to the game, not your opinion. I hope your youtube channel goes to the wayside with such insightfulness you have added to the game.

But hey, keep stealing content, sharing it as your own while distorting it, and making money off of morons who watch it and upvote you.

Hello @PJMcKay-0001

everyone here is welcome to post their own content, videos and comments about Mavericks. The same goes for critique. However, your comments about RB`s videos are not critique but harrasment. If you don´t like the videos you are free to say that - in a nice and respectful tone.

To quote @GhostCat-0001 : "Regardless of how you feel about RB's videos, there's no good reason to be an ass about it"

Thank you

• Founders

@mmid-0001

He posted ZERO content. I can go into harrassment if you like however the poster of non-stop bs videos with ZERO content to get his youtube hits up is ridiculous. Please watch any of his frivolous videos and identify any content he has added. Take your time. Pointing out garbage for garbage is simple... Pointing out plain garbage.

• Founders Banned

I believe ghosthairballz was referring to me. But yes maybe it should have been said in a more polite manner. His videos make me "almost" want to break my computer and go back to a pager and etch-a-sketch. I love how his he doesn't fall asleep himself while making them.

• Founders

@morphx2-0001 I have the perfect solution to your situation. Don't subscribe to my channel and don't watch the videos, that should resolve things nicely for you.

• Founders Banned

@rockhoundblack-0001 If I stop watching, would you stop spamming the forums?

• Founders

@morphx2-0001 The content creators section of the forum is for content creators to post their videos and other media, amongst other content-creator-related topics, so I intend to post every Mavericks-related video here that I make.

• Founders Banned

@rockhoundblack-0001 But you have no content... the game isn't out and you're just piecing together what the Dev's have already put out in a painful way.

• Founders

@morphx2-0001 Yes, the game isn't out yet, however the community wants to know what the latest updates are with its development. They also want to hear opinions about what we've seen of the game so far. I typically provide a summary - in one video - of all the updates that have happened in recent dev diaries, on the Mavericks Discord, and elsewhere. Many members of the community simply don't have the time to piece together every little bit of information from those places. In addition, I also provide detailed analysis of the videos - spotting things that many people miss, and giving expert opinion on things like the Mavericks map environment. I also give my overall opinion on the developments, community reactions and Automaton's interactions with the community. To suggest that I have no content is simply wrong.

Like I said, if you don't like my content then please don't subscribe to it - if you find it painful that's ok - there are plenty of people who think the opposite and like my style of delivery. I'm all for constructive criticism, but just throwing rhetoric around because my content annoys you isn't helping anyone.