Mavericks: Proving Grounds Questions

• Founders

Hi, so I have been reading the recent release on the Making Mavericks video as well as the announcement for the release date on the 20th and I have a few questions.

Will Mavericks: The Forge have it's own launcher or will it be on steam on the 20th when released for all founders?

When will founders end? I purchased this 3 months ago thinking that I had to get in very quick and purchase it, yet it is still being sold!?

What will the server locations be? I asked this in another thread and someone said something about "google cloud servers". I would just like to know if I can play it in Australia on a nearby server?

You guys said TPP will be available now you are saying that it won't be available till the official launch?

When will squads/duo's be available? Will they be their own seperate mode or will everyone just come togethor?

• Founders

Hi Larko i just asked the same Question about server location ping/latency myself and then i found your post HaHa.

As for your 2nd Question I Believe you mean when will founder packs stop being sold. well they did say it was a limited number when they released them. i believe that number was 5000.

And to Answer your 4th Question. I do know that in one of the round table videos they explained how in game it will be FPP and in the community hub it will be TPP.
    but so much is changing with this game as development continues i don't even know if that still stands.

I Hope that helped a little Mate with some of your questions.

• Founders

@larko-0002 said in Mavericks: Proving Grounds Questions:

Hi, so I have been reading the recent release on the Making Mavericks video as well as the announcement for the release date on the 20th and I have a few questions.

Will Mavericks: The Forge have it's own launcher or will it be on steam on the 20th when released for all founders?

I've read somewhere on these boards or Discord that for "The Forge", the game will have it's own launcher.

When will founders end? I purchased this 3 months ago thinking that I had to get in very quick and purchase it, yet it is still being sold!?

I don't think there was ever a time limit. Just a limited number of founder packs available. There was a lot of hype with people (without any real evidence) saying they would sell out within hours - they didn't, and I guess they still have not run out yet.

What will the server locations be? I asked this in another thread and someone said something about "google cloud servers". I would just like to know if I can play it in Australia on a nearby server?

There's a map here of Google's current locations. That does not mean that Automaton will be launching servers in every google location though.

You guys said TPP will be available now you are saying that it won't be available till the official launch?

That's correct, although I would expect it will probably make it's way into "The Forge" at some point further down the road.

I don't recall anyone specifically saying that the beta test will deffo have TPP - only that it will be in the final game. There's a poll somewhere that suggests FPP is the preference for about 75% of the people that took part - so it makes sense to focus early efforts there.

When will squads/duo's be available? Will they be their own seperate mode or will everyone just come togethor?

"The Forge" is going to be a rapidly evolving system. As Craig Scott said in the latest video, features will be added and the feedback from us Founders will heavily influence those features. Possibly with them being removed again.

I would not be surprised if there is a great big list somewhere in Automaton which they hope to get through - I'm sure Duo's and Squads will be on that list. Exactly how and when it will be implemented will depend on how far down the list it is and how quickly the things before it in the list get implemented and reviewed.

It's worth hammering home one very important point though - the final game is not expected to be ready anytime before December. That's 3 to 4 months of development time left - we are helping to shape the final stages of an unfinished product. Answers to some questions are just not going to be known for a few months yet.