Mavericks Developer Q&A - September 07 2018

• Admin

Hey,

We've heard you all loud and clear, you want more communication, and we really want to make that happen. It's something we know we can improve on.

This is hopefully the first of many more videos to come. Please do let us know what we can improve upon and also be sure to ask more questions you have about this video or the for the next one here.

You can check out the video here

Thanks!

• Founders

Some really good info in this new vid. Keep up the good work guys. Looking forward to any and all future updates!

• Founders

Great video!

I like the simple two chairs and a camera, especially if it means you can get them out quicker and more efficiently.

• Founders

What is your plan to balance the new waves versus the initial wave?
    Statistically the initial wave is less likely to survive the entire match versus the new waves.

If a player dies in a match, can this said player queue again for a match and be assigned to same match he previously has died on (if yes, how many times)?

About the 2 months forge delay:
    What was the thing you found in the game that was so fundamentally broken in the game that pushed the launch 2 months?
    -I’m not buying the fact that you’re just missing ‘up to standards analytics tool’, that could've been developed during the forge.

Also food for thought: IF it’s really the case of ‘not up to standards analytics tool’, could you open the Forge for example weekend games for the founders before the “full” Forge launch? People could get familiar with the game even without your “analytics tools”, this could restore the faith in customers specially now after two pushbacks and you could be avoiding being called a scam with this method.

• Founders

Will our Progression during the Forge period be saved and tracked towards the full game on Steam?

• Founders

@forster82-0001
    Q: Will my progress be saved after the Forge?
    A: Your progress will be recognised in the full game, but not all of it will be directly carried over for specific items, levels and such.

• Founders

It is important to have a fair game during the match, what will the security from cheating be? as we know most games today does indeed have a form of a cheater(wallhack, speedhack, aimbot, etc.) in them, and to reduce those cheaters which are banned coming back to the game that easily what are your plans to secure a fair game for everyone?

• Founders

@demonshiver-0001

This is something I am interested in as well. I quit playing PC many years ago because of cheats and moved to the xBox as that is a closed system and most cheats are nearly impossible on it. Except for the ESP hacks and that one is really the most common one I see in PUBG. Though they can be impossible to detect from a game perspective, we should certainly have a way to report these players and have them banned after we discover it as they are easy to detect while watching the death cam and replays.

• Founders

Will we be able to actually socialize with others in the Social Hub, as in will there be VOIP or a Chat?

• Founders

While I think it is good to hear the QA in the video that was posted here, but I think a question everyone wants to know the answer to is, are we on target to receive The Forge on 9/20?

• Founders

Q: How do I get access to the installer for the Forge?

• Founders

@ronnic-0001 said in Mavericks Developer Q&A - September 07 2018:

Q: How do I get access to the installer for the Forge?

Installation details will be released when the Forge is ready to go on the 20th (if not before). The plan is that The Forge will be operated from it's own launcher.

• Founders

Because this game will have levels so to speak and there is more to it than the standard rinse and repeat BR style games, I really do hope that the wave idea does not give any bonus to players who come in later waves by giving them better gear or kitted out weapons and gear because they have come in late. In fact that would push players to just wait till a later wave. Instead I can see perhaps giving a player maybe a simple weapon and simple armour so they don't get automatically slaughtered might work, but most of all if it is about getting XP, then I see the later you join a game, the later the wave you join in on the more XP you get should you manage to win the game. The incentive is the XP, not a weapons and gear load out you might be promised.

• Founders

Oh and I forgot to add with regards to your communication or lack there of, I would suggest you get a better PR person involved. Or at the very least when you have your weekly stand up meetings(assuming your using some kind of Agile way of thinking) that you take down a list of goals that you have for the week that you can pass on to us, the customer to advise of where things currently stand. This constant left in the dark approach, with us having to trust that something is happening is frustrating. Sure no news is good news at times, but I don't think it works in this case.

For example, could we have a road map of where you see the game development going and can we give feedback on it as it progresses? Constant iterations of the game as it develops is also good and much better for the end product because you can utilize us, the player base and essentially your test team to provide feedback about certain aspects of the game so that hopefully by the time it comes to release the full version 1.0 to the world, you will have ironed out a lot of the games mechanics and play ability issues along the way. This is part of the Forge I get it, but let us know all about the changes that our feedback has affected, keep up in the loop.

• Founders

@gargoyle-0001 Thanks for the reply! Im eager to get in.

• Founders

@calculuspi-0001 We originally had a roadmap. Little bitchy whining kids got all toxic at the first hint of things not lining up with it. Despite the fact that roadmaps are not meant to be set in stone.

So Automaton made the correct decision to just not publish it anymore (James explains this in a much more diplomatic way right at the start of the video).

There is no lack of communication. It takes years to develop a game. Even if we only got monthly updates that would be a lot more than many other games. As it stands, we are getting great insights into the inner workings of a small indie game company. Yes, the updates have been sporadic and inconsistent in their delivery format and publication (some website updates, some forum posts, some YouTube vids) - but they are there.

We've been given our next update date - its the 20th. Sit tight. Wait. Have some patience.

• Founders

@gargoyle-0001 said in Mavericks Developer Q&A - September 07 2018:

@calculuspi-0001 We originally had a roadmap. Little bitchy whining kids got all toxic at the first hint of things not lining up with it. Despite the fact that roadmaps are not meant to be set in stone.

So Automaton made the correct decision to just not publish it anymore (James explains this in a much more diplomatic way right at the start of the video).

There is no lack of communication. It takes years to develop a game. Even if we only got monthly updates that would be a lot more than many other games. As it stands, we are getting great insights into the inner workings of a small indie game company. Yes, the updates have been sporadic and inconsistent in their delivery format and publication (some website updates, some forum posts, some YouTube vids) - but they are there.

We've been given our next update date - its the 20th. Sit tight. Wait. Have some patience.

I get it there has been stuff coming out and I am well aware that developing a game isn't an over night thing. But I also don't think that time, the time it takes to develop, create and make a game or any piece of software, is really understood by the lay person. I also think that if not careful, when developing a piece of software that lacks feedback and input from those that it is designed for can impact the final product.
    I am not really saying by the way that i want to know everything that every member of the team is doing at any given time, that would be ridiculous, but more so about major components of the game and how they are developing would be cool to know about. It would also give the community a great way of seeing just how in depth game development is.
    Lastly, I also think that not knowing is worse than knowing. If the game development hits a road block, or comes up against technical difficulties, I'd much prefer to know about it as I believe the community in such cases may be able to help. There is a plethora of information on the net to help with just about anything and maybe some of the issues raised could be resolved by community input. Or maybe not. Of course there will be need to know things that we simply don't need to know or shouldn't know before release etc, but if this is going to be a game developed with feedback from the community and the community want to see it succeed, then why not use the community where ever possible. Learning from others even when you think you know it all yourself shows a level of mature thinking in my books.

Anyway, I shall sit back and chill out and wait for the 20th to arrive and hope I can jump in, play a little, try and break the game and give feedback on how and why it broke for me. Till then, have a great day.

• Evidently you have failed to hear us loud and clear... This is not how you communicate with people that want to further your endeavor. Focus has missed it's point with your team.

• Founders

some more communication in the support section would be nice

• Founders

Why is it a issue to refund my money? Awesome! have no idea when or if a refund will happen..im sure a lot of that money is asking to be refunded but the Devs seem to be money driven..Server lock up-bugs blah blah the team knew it wasn't close to ready...2month push back a day before launch...BAAAAHAHA..Nice one Team you made the people belive the FORGE was here and saw the money roll in as planned..A good Free MMO/BR shooter LMAO why would we even think it could be a little true..