Mavericks: The Forge - Delay FAQs

• Founders

Let's say that this plus being banned on this forum for a downvoting that I didn't do (nothing to complain there's something wrong with your website, I didn't even contact you to clear the air, just got a laugh when I read the email) it's the perfect recipe to take the chance to get a refund. I wish you luck to pull this off, I'm gonna check the game when it's done.

• Founders

@illiminator31-0001 FREE game is gonna be so great...we all just want another fresh game to play..FREE never ends with a good game...now that we founders are out $30 guess not so free and still gave us the shaft..THANK you.

• Founders

If developers need more time for a quality launch of The Forge, then I do not see a problem in waiting for another couple of months. Everyone wants to see as quickly as possible the progress achieved by Automaton since the announcement of the Mavericks: Proving Grounds. This is all wonderful, but if you recall the history of the gaming industry, you can see that hundreds of projects were postponed for a variety of reasons. Very often, the desire to meet deadlines led to sad results. If the guys from Automaton have taken such a step, it means that it really matters to them. This is quite an ambitious project and I'm sure that developers spend a huge amount of time to run The Forge. If the product does not turn out to be bad and eventually we get something really new, then I will be proud that once I believed in Automaton and became one of the founders!

• Founders

Two month additional wait for the Forge and half the founders lose their mind, all the while us Star Citizen believers (praise thee lord Chris Roberts) are masters of patience.

In all seriousness I admire the vision of this game and I'm willing to wait for a better product. Take the time you need, we'll be waiting...

• Founders

I'd rather wait 5 more weeks than play a horrible game and lose interest like the Battlefield V demo. It sucks, yes, since I was looking forward to it but if they can't provide a representative version yet; alright.

• Founders

Yeah it's frustrating, but you'd rather these devs pump out an unfinished game? Might as well pre order all EA games if that's the case.
    I just disagree with giving a release date if there's even the slightest bit of potential of delay. Just be like "you'll get it when it's done"

• Founders

@partypooper Why does everyone keep saying this? They're delaying the game to build an analyzer to take better metrics of the game while you play...not to improve the game.

• Founders

I would like assurance if the game is bad by its release, I can refund being a founder then. If you are giving so much extra time then clearly the game will be good when you actually drop the forge. Without that assurance, I will refund immediately because I was willing to not refund if the game released now but was bad in whatever ways.

It was my belief that this process was to help make your game good and I was willing to help with that process and work with the devs to make this game great. Now it's clear you want to make it great first without the help of the community.

So in the spirit of that, I will refund if it releases poorly or delays further.

Kindness where kindness is due.

• Founders

@lobokendo-0001 You're trying to pretend like you're being all nice but you're not!

You basically want a money back guarantee! That's not how this works. You become a founder to help support the company in the final stages of development. That development could be something good, something bad, or nothing at all - that's the way development goes.

What's happening at the moment, is that a lot of people jumped in with both feet without really assessing the risks or fully understanding the process. IMO, Automaton are going above and beyond by offering a refund. Despite what some other loud mouths think, they are under no obligation to do so.

The decision is simple; you stay and support them regardless of the outcome or you refund now while they are being generous. If you stay, there is no safety net - you could end up with nothing!

• Founders

August Delay:

Games released in that month =>

• Monster Hunter World
      World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth
      Yakuza Kiwami 2
      Shenmue I & II

September Delay:

Games released in that month =>

• Destiny 2 Forsaken DLC
      Spider-man
      NBA 2K19
      Shadow of the Tomb Raider
      FIFA 19
      Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

October Delay:

Games realeased that month:

• Mega Man 11
      Assassin's Creed Odyssey
      Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
      Soulcalibur VI
      Red Dead Redemption 2
      Forza Horizon 4

Future November Delay:

Battlefield V
    Darksiders 3
    Hitman 2
    Fallout 76

I've seen the December list and we can hope the "tools" will be ready for December if u kno wat I mean .
    Maybe I'm too much sarcastic , but still waiting for a month were big Ip are not coming out

(╭☞/͠- ͜ʖ ͝-)╭☞

0_1537452451463_mavetricks.jpg

• Founders

@brikha-0001 said in Mavericks: The Forge - Delay FAQs:

@partypooper Why does everyone keep saying this? They're delaying the game to build an analyzer to take better metrics of the game while you play...not to improve the game.

And that data is needed for................................................................... improving the game. Pretty simple.

• Founders

I will wait and play when we can....I hope it will be great!

• Founders

Also, no-one paid for a game. It's going to be F2P!

• Can i have some Cake..

• Founders Banned

@creepysasquatch-0001 Bro, it's your own damn fault that you invested $2000 in a video game. You should re evaluate your life priorities. Creep.

• Founders Banned

@temujintv-0001 Didn't end up going anywhere did I?

• Founders

Am I disappointed by the delay? Absolutely. That said, it comes with the territory. Some people are crying over having paid for Founders access. Yes, you did. You did it willingly and with no absolute guarantees. The delay isn't that long at this point. They are going to allow refund requests for those who are simply that all-consumed by anger over the delays. I'm really not seeing a huge issue here. Yes, there does need to be better communication with the community but I think some in the community are over-reacting, as well.

I guess I've been around longer than some people. I've seen a lot of changes over the years in gaming. I still remember back when the publishers didn't own the developers. Back when the developer called all the shots which could lead to very long delays. That was life. That's how it worked and while gamers were disappointed by delays we also had more patience and understood how things worked. These days people are simply too impatient in our "me, me, me!" and "I must have it now!" world.

• Founders Banned

@partypooper Hate to poop on your party, but we will all get the exact same access days as founders, refund request has gone through, it's a free game, feel good about yourself there child. I promise, it'll be delayed to 2019 and open to everyone at the exact same time, you'll just get those silly cosmetics and 15 months of Citizenship (given the game doesn't fail before that amount of time). To have such confidence in a company that has lied three times, treated it like a joke and cowered away from communicating properly to it's hardcore communities that have cared since before the game had a name, this is a joke. My $30 (however little that may be to some of you RICH folk that are making fun of us for thinking $30 is a lot of money, erhmmm St. Lucifer IV - Your Discord chat mod) - that was the end. I'll still be in the game, just for free and that's if it ever releases and that's only when it's free. Enjoy your cosmetics and your Citizenship, I'll still play the same game bro, just without a costume on. GL in life.

• Founders

Guess what?

• I didn't pay for early access.
    • I didn't pay for custom skins.
    • I didn't pay for 12 (15) months citizenship.

I paid to support a company I believe in break new ground with technology that looks like it's going to be awesome. Because that's how it was sold.

When I meet you in the Capital, Cozo. You can look upon my shiny founders gear as a reminder that for you, it wasn't never about supporting Automaton, it was just an attempt to be a "cool kid" and play a game pre-release.

• Founders

Where is the link for the refund ? They said Friday will get an update and it's Saturday still nothing.