A few game suggestions

• Founders

Some gameplay suggestions :

• "Realistic" damage model
      Make it to where it only takes a few shots to kill, not half/full magazine. I believe this makes games more tense and more fun if your actions truly have consequences and you're not Rambo-ing across the map like some teenager on adderall.

• Weapon attachments
      This has become a thing in recent years, and honestly I feel it's caught on much too late from other games doing it. Allow us to change stocks, sights, optics, accessories, etc on our weapons not just their "skins". Let me run a laser sight and a 2x red dot if I want so I can hipfire and have the drawback be that my laser is visible to others. Let me use a pistol grip or bipod on rifles for stability. There's an endless amount of options out there and at the end of the day, it's just more content for us players to consume and enjoy your game with.

• Player customization
      This is a big one. I fully believe believe that the more customization you allow for our player avatar, the more invested emotionally the player is in your game and the more they want to play. I'm not saying give us Black Desert levels of customization here, but give us a variety of facial and hair, scar, and tattoos options. I understand differing player models may not be possible (small, wide, tall, skinny, etc), but anything that allows us to feel "unique", especially in a high player density MMO, is a good thing.

• Visible Clan logos/patches
      I don't know the viability of this one but some games have a backend feature that allow players to wear a clan logo on their clothing (a patch on your uniform like in Arma), or put the logo on vehicles or weapons. I think it would be cool to ride around with your buddies in a small convoy of vehicles and they all have our clan logo on the doors.

• Melee
      If you're going to include melee in Mavericks (and I don't see why not), I believe the player should be rewarded for taking the risk to engage in it. Make it to where a melee attack from behind kills (force an execution animation if you have to). Make it to where a melee fight from the front takes some modicum of skill. Nothing like other games I won't mention, but melee should be deadly and if you're going to risk closing with an armed person with a frying pan or something, you should be rewarded if you can get in range and only have to hit them a couple of times. Also, the more melee weapons, the better. If I pick up a knife, let there be a knife sheath on my leg or something. If I pick up a katana, you can show it across my player's back or attached to a backpack; so on and so forth. There is a wealth of opportunity here to be different and unique.

• First person driving
      I understand not every game can be Arma and render functional mirrors, but for the love of god, when you're driving in first person, allow the player to actually see and not have a third of the screen taken up by the roof of the vehicle. That isn't fun and no one likes driving off a cliff that could have been avoided if my eyes weren't on level with the car's dome light.

• Multi-region play
      This one may cause somewhat of a tussle due to that other game that won't be mentioned; but speaking as an American, I have some overseas friends. I like to play with friends in Australia, I like to play with friends in the UK, I like to play with friends in France, etc. That which shall not be mentioned allows this and we can usually be quite effective with each other, all pings considered. Please allow us to interchange regions so we could play with foreign friends and not everyone is locked into their specific regional server cluster. I know a LOT of mmos do this, and I know the reasons why but with the way technology keeps advancing there shouldn't be a reason I can't play with my overseas buds.

Thank you for taking the time to consider these.

• Admin

Hey Skoll,

I've moved this to general gameplay suggestions as it's not founder specific suggestions.

Hopefully you get a notification saying this has been moved!

Thanks

• Founders

@sam said in A few game suggestions:

Hey Skoll,

I've moved this to general gameplay suggestions as it's not founder specific suggestions.

Hopefully you get a notification saying this has been moved!

Thanks

I did, thank you.

• Founders

I've heard the devs say the 'time to kill' is on average a little higher than on pubg, to allow players to escape a fight so the others can make use of tracking to finish off their target. As long as it doesn't mean turning us into bullet sponges it should work out well, I think.
    The rest of your suggestions I agree, weapon attachments and heavy player customization are definitely gonna be there.

• Founders

Weapon Attachments
    I would love an in-depth customization option like that

Clan Logos/Patches
    Are you talking about factions as clan, or like 'my squad of 5 friends' as a clan? Because it would be awesome to have a custom logo for your group of friends that you can slap on anything. Even adding sprays would be cool too so you can leave your mark on walls, ground, etc.

Melee
    I like the way Halo does this. It's very risk/reward, but the reward of landing the melee is so satisfying

First person driving
    For the love of god yes. I refuse to drive the buggy in pubg because the roll cage is directly in front of my face

Multi-region play
    I agree with this 100%. There are a lot of people in the discord server that I'd like to play with, but most of them are EU. High ping is manageable. Frustrating at times, but manageable.